Microsoft and Windows Round-up – 16.8.2010
- Oracle/Google lawsuit hinting at Microsoft opportunity? – blog.borund
Oracle’s flatfooted approach to Java may present an opportunity for Microsoft.
- Microsoft is popping up all over iPhone App Store – Seattle PI
Aww, look at them — they’re so cute. Microsoft is playing nice with Apple. Indirectly.
- Microsoft Biology Foundation – Steve Clayton
Microsoft Biology Foundation? I know, I did a double take too. Turns out it’s a “language-neutral bioinformatics toolkit for genomics research”. Who knew?
- Windows Home Server ‘Vail’ refresh goes to testers – Mary Jo Foley
Microsoft has released an updated preview build of its Windows Home Server “Vail” product to selected testers.
Windows Live & Bing:
- New SkyDrive logo confirmed – more new logos coming? – LiveSide
Last month we revealed what was thought to be the new SkyDrive logowhich quietly appeared on the Windows Live Preview promotional website.
- How to Make Bing Your Default Search Engine on iPhone – Sarah Perez
You may have heard the news that with the launch of the iPhone’s new operating system, iOS 4, you now have the option to change your search provider from the default to use Bing instead.
- Bing “takes second place in search from Yahoo” – The Next Web
Figures from ad network Chitika indicate that Bing overtook Yahoo to grab second place in the US search engine market as long ago as January this year.
Windows Phone 7:
- Windows Phone 7 game wins award, nominated for BAFTA – WMPoweruser
Mush, a game by Angry Mango intended for the Windows Phone 7 platform, was a winner at this year’s Dare to be Digital award, an annual event organised and run by the University of Abertay Dundee
- LG “Windows Phone 7 will soon outperform Apple’s iPhone and the Google phone” – WMPoweruser
A high-placed LG official has told MK Business News that the company had every confidence in Windows Phone 7.