Ya I’m running late but that then today has been one of those days where real life has put behind the 8-ball and no matter how hard you try you just can’t seem to get caught up. Anyway I did manage to find some interesting Microsoft and Windows related news.
- Microsoft Lays Claim To iPad’s Page Curling Feature – Go Rumors
The Courier may be dead, but we are still getting to see the innovations built by Microsoft back when development on Courier was still in its prime. A patent application filed by Microsoft back in January 2009 describes the page curl feature …
- Increase The FileSystem Memory Cache Size In Windows 7 – gHacks
File operations on Windows NT based systems make use of a limited pool of kernel buffers which. This may slow down or even bring to a halt file operations on Windows if the buffers are filled up so that they, for the the time being, cannot accept new file operations.
- More Windows 8 hints, this time on the virtualization front – Mary Jo Foley
Microsoft watchers have combed through a leaked slide deck about Windows 8 over the past couple of weeks for clues about Microsoft’s next version of Windows.
- Police Department Protects Citizens of Vernon Hills, Illinois with Windows 7 – The Windows Blog
In their pursuit to serve and protect their community, the Vernon Hills Police Department decided to transform the video surveillance in their patrol cars to ensure they were using the best technology for the community and officers
- 64-Bit Momentum Surges with Windows 7 – The Windows Blog
Are you running a 64-bit edition of Windows 7? There is a high likelihood you are. As of June 2010, we see that 46% of all PCs worldwide running Windows 7 are running a 64-bit edition of Windows 7.
- Microsoft to patch Windows, Office flaws – Beyond B1nary
Microsoft said on Thursday that it expects to issue four security bulletins as part of next week’s Patch Tuesday, closing critical holes in both Windows and Office.
Windows Phone 7:
- HTC Mondrian/HTC Mozart confirmed by HTC – WMPoweruser
If you follow Conflipper all kinds of good things happen, such as coming across links to HTC’s official MMS specs page for both the HTC Mondrian and HTC Mozart
- BeeHive Game Ported to WP7! [Full Source Code] – The Dirty Developer
After doing some researching on Microsoft Expression Blend I came across this tutorial site and found some very nice videos and code for a Silverlight game entitled BeeHive.
- Microsoft coins $1.2 billion on Xbox Live, Windows Phone 7 to benefit from ecosystem – WMPoweruser
Microsoft has one high-profile non-Windows related consumer success, that being the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.