Well the news about the pricing of the Kinect for Xbox 360 is out and if Twitter is any indication the kiddie contingent is a little upset. Too bad they don’t see the larger picture beyond their little ol’ Xboxees.
- Microsoft Security Essentials new beta available now – LiveSide
Brandon LeBlanc over at Inside Windows Live just posted on the availability of a new beta version of Microsoft Security Essentials, the free anti-malware program.
- Bing debuts well as Google tanks in satisfaction survey - The Microsoft Blog
Microsoft’s Bing search engine and MSN Web portal got relatively high user-satisfaction ratings as Google lost a whopping six points in a new survey of e-businesses.
- Asus Drops Windows for Android in Eee Pad Tablet – Gadget Lab
Asus is working on a 3G Eee Pad tablet computer, and it will run on Google’s Android operating system. Our friends from the German site Netbook News headed over to Asus HQ and got the details.
- Microsoft says Windows 7 Service Pack 1 due in first half 2011 – Mary Jo Foley
Many of the Microsoft watchers and customers I know have been expecting Microsoft to ship the first service pack (SP) for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 before the end of 2010.
- The HP Slate 500: Eight models of Windows 7 tablet goodness - CrunchGear
Great news, Internet. The Windows 7 HP Slate isn’t dead. According to HP’s site, the Slate is very much alive — all 8 variations of it — and it seems like the HP will indeed put it head-to-head against the Palmpad like I thought.
Windows Phone 7:
- First screenshot of Windows Phone Live revealed – LiveSide
Exactly one week ago, we told you about a new service coming to Windows Live which brings the world of Windows Phone 7 and Windows Live together – Windows Phone Live.
- Windows Phone 7 VP Joe Belfiore In An Interview - WMPoweruser
Seems everyone is getting some good time with Microsoft’s Windows Phone corporate VP, Joe Belfiore, and now Engadget has posted their interview with him.
- Windows Phone Boot Camp – WMPoweruser
Learning how to make Windows Phone applications, and other things seems to be a challenge for people like me that are to lazy.