Bacon Jam, Yes, Bacon Jam [YUM!]
I’m not sure about this one but I am sure that there are some serious bacon lovers out there who will have had instant drool from just reading the post title but according to Tasty Kitchen this recipe by staffer Rebecca this is definitely one for the “must make” list.
Salty, sweet, meaty, and pure umami (or “Ooh Mommy!”), this is going to make you rethink breakfast. Smoky with bacon flavor, tinged with coffee and maple syrup, this spread transforms toast or sandwiches with very little effort.
To create this mind-bobbling concoction you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 3 pounds Bacon
- 4 whole Large Yellow Onions, Peeled And Thinly Sliced
- 8 cloves Garlic, Smashed And Peeled
- 1 cup Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1-½ cup Very Strong Brewed Black Coffee
- ½ cups Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
You can find the complete cooking instruction, as well as some serious bacon teasing photos, on the Tasty Kitchen site.